Peppertree Bay vacation rentals on Siesta Key are close to several of Florida’s state parks. You’ll find miles of pedestrian pathways, biking and fitness trails, and acres of wide-open spaces for hiking and birding.
- Myakka River State Park is a premiere bird and wildlife observation park. It includes a seven mile scenic drive and hiking trails. The park also offers airboat tours, tram tours, guided walks, campfire programs and birding classes. There is a boat ramp and basin for fishermen, and boats, canoes, and bicycles may be rented on site. The Myakka River State Park includes furnished log cabins for overnight guests, RV hookups, family camping, and primitive camping areas. A riding trail is available for visitors who bring their own horses.
- Oscar Scherer State Park
- DeSoto National Memorial Park
Sarasota is a very friendly pet area. Around town, you will see lots of furry family members. Although no dogs are allowed on Siesta Key Beach, there are several nearby parks, waterfront areas, and beaches where dogs are allowed.
Pet-Friendly Parks and Beaches (allowing pets on leashes)
- Arlington Park- 2650 Waldemere Street, Sarasota
- Bird Key Park is located on the John Ringling Causeway on the way to St. Armand’s Circle, just east of the Ringling Bridge. This is the only dog-friendly beach in the City of Sarasota that allows dogs and cats! Pets must be on leashes or under voice command.
Sarasota County Paw Parks (animals can be off leashes)
- The Brohard Paw Park in Venice allows dogs to run free on its beaches: the only beach of its kind in the area!
- 17th Street Park, Sarasota | Woodmere Park, Venice